Crastina is a platform for the exchange of experience, knowledge and inspiration regarding both scientific peer-to-peer communication and science dissemination.
The name comes from Scientia Crastina, Latin for ‘The Science of Tomorrow’
- What? An international network of (mostly young) people who love to communicate science & tech.
- Why? We think science needs to be communicated with more passion and professionalism.
- Where? On our website with interviews & resources + on social media + on Skype and IRL.
- Who? A content group (the Crew), a think tank (the Academy), + lots of friends & contacts.
- When? Right now – feel free to join the party!
The main target group of the web site is science students and scientists in their early career. However, all students, scholars, professionals and laymen who are interested in scientific communication and science communication are welcome to contribute
Crastina in diagrams
We are interested in everything belonging to the intersection of the two concepts “Science” and “Communication” .
An academical communication culture which:
- acknowledges the value of personal engagement and emotional impact
- is actively seeking out the professional methods and techniques of communication of other domains, such as the industry, media, advertising and PR.
- scientific communication as the professional communication between scientists
- science dissemination as the communication of scientific topics to all (normally associated with the hashtag #scicomm).
In addition, we define science communicators as people who communicate science inside science and out.