Something is broken in scientific publishing! How do we create a system that works in the long run?
The information society has brought on huge changes in how science is published, assessed, studied, and discussed. What are your visions? How can we improve the way we are publishing research results? Do we need to start from scratch and build a completely new system?
We are happy to be launching The Crastina International Scientific Publishing Competition 2021. As you may have seen, Crastina has been exploring the future of scientific publishing. Now we are eager to see our followers’ ideas about the topic.
Our question: How do you want scientific publishing to work in the future?
Your reply: a verbo-visual explanation (text + illustration; infographic) on one PowerPoint slide.
Below, you can find examples of alternative work flows from the publishers F1000 and eLife. We will be sharing some of our favourites during the course of the theme!
The application deadline has been now extended.
New application deadline: September 30, 2021 at 23.59 pm CEST.
Time left until the new application deadline:
The challenge is to address the question “How do you want scientific publishing to work in the future?” in a single canvas/slide .
- Your entry should be submitted through the form below before September 17, 23.59 CEST.
- You can choose how you want to present your ideas on the slide (in PPT or PDF format). You could use text, flowcharts, pictures, or anything else that fits on one slide of the format 33.9 cm x 19 cm (or 19 cm x 33.9 cm). You have 400 characters to explain your flowchart/picture to the jury in the description. Here, all text should be written in English.
- To take part, you don’t have to be a scientist or a researcher – you just have to express your view on the subject!
- Every individual contestant can submit a single slide.
- The jury will be asked to assess the entries based only on innovation, creativity and strength of the proposed system. There is no right answer to the question!
The winner of this year’s competition gets the fantastic opportunity to discuss his/her ideas with a panel of pioneers in the field of scientific publishing (to be announced soon) and two prizes in the form of Amazon Gift Cards will be awarded: Writer of the People – where your peers will vote – and The Jury’s Grand Prize.
Submitted entries will be published – with full acknowledgments – in Crastina’s social media channels. The copyright is your own, and we will not claim any intellectual ownership.
Step 1. Submit your application.
Step 2. Upload your entry.
Should you have any question regarding the competition details, you may contact Olle Bergman at email@example.com.