https://crastina.se/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/dance_yourphd-1.png 684 845 Dorota Paczesniak, PhD Dorota Paczesniak, PhD2016-09-14 10:06:002017-08-02 11:36:10Dance your PhD – 2016 edition open for registration
Dance your PhD – 2016 edition open for registration
“Dance your PhD” contest is open for submissions until 30th of September 2016. In this annual dance competition, you need to explain your PhD research in a form of interpretive dance.
Nuclear fusion, water protection policies, sperm competition – all of these were turned into dance form by contestants of past editions, so don’t think that your research topic is not suitable! In addition to the immortal fame on the internet you can win $1000 sponsored by the publisher of Science magazine.
The founder of the competition John Bohannon has previously shared with Crastina some tips for anyone wanting to enter:
- Create the dance with a group of friends and labmates. It doesn’t have to take more than a weekend.
- Don’t fall into the trap of explaining too much. Just focus on a small piece of the science.
- Have fun. It makes it fun to watch.
- Best dances each year always have a lot of heart. Everyone is 100% committed. That’s what makes great art.
For more information and to register click here.
Below you can watch 2015 edition winner, Merritt Moore.
- A handful of podcast recommendations from the Crastina crew - September 12, 2020
- A handful of podcast recommendations from the Crastina crew - August 8, 2020
- Dr Marek Skupinski – visual artist and scientific illustrator - May 6, 2020
- Let’s have a productive conversation about GMO – but first, stop saying “GMO”! - September 23, 2019
- The song of plankton – “visualizing” big data as music - April 9, 2018
- Darwin Day celebrated to promote public understanding of evolution - February 12, 2018
- Crastina Column, Sep–Oct 2017: Can a simple card game help us see things from ”the other’s” point of view? - September 19, 2017
- Talking science from the top of a soap box - February 13, 2017
- Science Gingerbread competition - December 13, 2016
- Dance your PhD – 2016 edition open for registration - September 14, 2016
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!