Great tips for unexperienced speakers
As all ignorant people, I am sceptical to things that I just don’t understand yet. To me, Prezi is just such a thing. Personally, I have not yet seen the great benefit of the concept in itself. That said, I know that people wiser than me are very comfortable with the concept, like Norbert here on this blog.
A recent article on Zoom into Prezi—i.e. the Prezi company blog—contained some really good advice: 10 Most Common Rookie Mistakes in Public Speaking. The ten paragraphs are spot on, and I think they really have summarised the basic problems for unexperienced speakers in a very concise way. Don’t forget to read the comments, as they also contain some experienced speaker’s wisdom!
Now, this is a Prezi which should accompany the text. I’m not really certain if it is really needed. I would rather say it just a source of distractions. But that’s me—the Prezi barbarian!
- Claire Price of Crastina receives outreach award from Royal Society of Biology - October 25, 2020
- Agile Science student project at Brussels Engineering School ECAM: “We can’t wait to try it again!” - August 28, 2020
- Create an infographic in the Lifeology SciArt Infographic Challenge - June 16, 2020
- Adam Ruben – The scientist that teaches undergraduate students comedy - March 27, 2020
- Sam Gregson, Bad Boy of Science: “Comedy helps to bridge the gap” - March 10, 2020
- The Coolest Science Merchandise of 2019 - December 16, 2019
- Science Media Centre (UK) offers guide on dealing with online harassment in academia - November 26, 2019
- Agile project management taught to students and researchers at Karolinska Institutet - September 20, 2019
- Stefan Jansson: Improve your credibility! (Crastina Column, September 2019) - September 6, 2019
- The People’s Poet: Silke Kramprich, tech communicator - August 31, 2019
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!