As all ignorant people, I am sceptical to things that I just don’t understand yet. To me, Prezi is just such a thing. Personally, I have not yet seen the great benefit of the concept in itself. That said, I know that people wiser than me are very comfortable with the concept, like Norbert here on this blog.
A recent article on Zoom into Prezi—i.e. the Prezi company blog—contained some really good advice: 10 Most Common Rookie Mistakes in Public Speaking. The ten paragraphs are spot on, and I think they really have summarised the basic problems for unexperienced speakers in a very concise way. Don’t forget to read the comments, as they also contain some experienced speaker’s wisdom!
Now, this is a Prezi which should accompany the text. I’m not really certain if it is really needed. I would rather say it just a source of distractions. But that’s me—the Prezi barbarian!
- Kolisa Yola Sinyanya, Cape Town: ‘I won their hearts with SciComm!’ - March 21, 2019
- Global Lab – building Ghana’s open science and innovation community. - February 25, 2019
- TCC in Nairobi teaches effective communication to scientists - January 25, 2019
- The beginning of a new era: science communication in Africa - January 13, 2019
- TAP helps prospective students choose dream university - January 4, 2019
- Meet Sarang Park – manager of @IAmSciComm - September 28, 2018
- Sharing an experience we all can relate to – our childhood - September 5, 2018
- Sci Foo: intense intellectual, interdisciplinary interaction for influencers - July 17, 2018
- Agile Science #3: Xavier came up with Agile Research a decade ago - February 23, 2018
- Randy McIntosh, neuroscientist: “I see parallels between the process of discovery in science and musical improvisation” - January 29, 2018