As all ignorant people, I am sceptical to things that I just don’t understand yet. To me, Prezi is just such a thing. Personally, I have not yet seen the great benefit of the concept in itself. That said, I know that people wiser than me are very comfortable with the concept, like Norbert here on this blog.
A recent article on Zoom into Prezi—i.e. the Prezi company blog—contained some really good advice: 10 Most Common Rookie Mistakes in Public Speaking. The ten paragraphs are spot on, and I think they really have summarised the basic problems for unexperienced speakers in a very concise way. Don’t forget to read the comments, as they also contain some experienced speaker’s wisdom!
Now, this is a Prezi which should accompany the text. I’m not really certain if it is really needed. I would rather say it just a source of distractions. But that’s me—the Prezi barbarian!
- The Science Haiku Competition 2019: Congratulations, Joanna! - July 18, 2019
- Jury member interview #3: Joanna Bagniewska, zoologist & scicommer - July 17, 2019
- Jury member interview #2: Bo Cassel, translator - July 16, 2019
- Jury member interview #1: Sam Illingworth, SciCommer and science poet - July 15, 2019
- The Science Haiku Competition 2019: Calling a winner! - July 2, 2019
- The Crastina International Science Haiku Competition 2019 - June 18, 2019
- The Little Book of Neuroscience Haiku – an educational book about the brain - May 20, 2019
- Science to Poetry and Back – a reflection by Ushashi Basu - May 13, 2019
- The Crastina Column: Put back the “I’ in science – a poetical plea - April 24, 2019
- Kolisa Yola Sinyanya, Cape Town: ‘I won their hearts with SciComm!’ - March 21, 2019