How do you create the best preconditions for a succesful webinar? ”Know your audience, be prepared with your content and know how to do the marketing” are some of the advice from Andrew Juurinen, seasoned webinar host at XTalks.
The Crastina theme of this month is communication culture. We got in touch with a webinar host to get some suggestions on how to create the best preconditions for virtual meetings and seminars. Andrew Juurinen M.Sc., is marketing head at XTalks who describe themselves as “the world’s leading provider of educational webinars for the international life sciences community”.
I really enjoyed hosting a recent webinar titled, “Each Hour Counts: Physician and Pharmacist Perspectives on the Value of Rapid Blood Culture Testing“. Both the physician, Dr. Marin H. Kollef from Barnes-Jewish Hospital, and the pharmacist, Brad J. Crane from Blount Memorial Hospital, did an amazing job at summarizing what they’ve experienced when a patient is diagnosed with sepsis.
- Once you’ve decided on a provider, start with determining your essential content, get your webinar team on board (presenters, hosts, marketing team, and backend help) and decide on a date months ahead of time.
- Get your registration page up quickly (but not too far in advance), and decide on the fine details of your webinar during your marketing time.
- Determine the tools and strategy you’ll use to market the webinar while finding exactly who and where to find your potential registrants.
- Monitor you registrants and adapt your content.
- Plan your post-webinar strategy.
- Coworking Mornings help London SciCommers being more productive - August 17, 2019
- The Jury’s Grand Prize: Joanna Tilsley, biologist and poet - July 30, 2019
- The Science Haiku Competition 2019: The 41 entries - July 22, 2019
- Jury member interview #4: Mala L. Radhakrishnan, chemist and poet - July 18, 2019
- The Science Haiku Competition 2019: Congratulations, Joanna & Silke! - July 18, 2019
- Jury member interview #3: Joanna Bagniewska, zoologist & scicommer - July 17, 2019
- Jury member interview #2: Bo Cassel, translator - July 16, 2019
- Jury member interview #1: Sam Illingworth, SciCommer and science poet - July 15, 2019
- The Science Haiku Competition 2019: Calling a winner! - July 2, 2019
- The Crastina International Science Haiku Competition 2019 - June 18, 2019