How do you create the best preconditions for a succesful webinar? ”Know your audience, be prepared with your content and know how to do the marketing” are some of the advice from Andrew Juurinen, seasoned webinar host at XTalks.
The Crastina theme of this month is communication culture. We got in touch with a webinar host to get some suggestions on how to create the best preconditions for virtual meetings and seminars. Andrew Juurinen M.Sc., is marketing head at XTalks who describe themselves as “the world’s leading provider of educational webinars for the international life sciences community”.
I really enjoyed hosting a recent webinar titled, “Each Hour Counts: Physician and Pharmacist Perspectives on the Value of Rapid Blood Culture Testing“. Both the physician, Dr. Marin H. Kollef from Barnes-Jewish Hospital, and the pharmacist, Brad J. Crane from Blount Memorial Hospital, did an amazing job at summarizing what they’ve experienced when a patient is diagnosed with sepsis.
- Once you’ve decided on a provider, start with determining your essential content, get your webinar team on board (presenters, hosts, marketing team, and backend help) and decide on a date months ahead of time.
- Get your registration page up quickly (but not too far in advance), and decide on the fine details of your webinar during your marketing time.
- Determine the tools and strategy you’ll use to market the webinar while finding exactly who and where to find your potential registrants.
- Monitor you registrants and adapt your content.
- Plan your post-webinar strategy.
- Kolisa Yola Sinyanya, Cape Town: ‘I won their hearts with SciComm!’ - March 21, 2019
- Global Lab – building Ghana’s open science and innovation community. - February 25, 2019
- TCC in Nairobi teaches effective communication to scientists - January 25, 2019
- The beginning of a new era: science communication in Africa - January 13, 2019
- TAP helps prospective students choose dream university - January 4, 2019
- Meet Sarang Park – manager of @IAmSciComm - September 28, 2018
- Sharing an experience we all can relate to – our childhood - September 5, 2018
- Sci Foo: intense intellectual, interdisciplinary interaction for influencers - July 17, 2018
- Agile Science #3: Xavier came up with Agile Research a decade ago - February 23, 2018
- Randy McIntosh, neuroscientist: “I see parallels between the process of discovery in science and musical improvisation” - January 29, 2018