How do you create the best preconditions for a succesful webinar? ”Know your audience, be prepared with your content and know how to do the marketing” are some of the advice from Andrew Juurinen, seasoned webinar host at XTalks.
The Crastina theme of this month is communication culture. We got in touch with a webinar host to get some suggestions on how to create the best preconditions for virtual meetings and seminars. Andrew Juurinen M.Sc., is marketing head at XTalks who describe themselves as “the world’s leading provider of educational webinars for the international life sciences community”.
I really enjoyed hosting a recent webinar titled, “Each Hour Counts: Physician and Pharmacist Perspectives on the Value of Rapid Blood Culture Testing“. Both the physician, Dr. Marin H. Kollef from Barnes-Jewish Hospital, and the pharmacist, Brad J. Crane from Blount Memorial Hospital, did an amazing job at summarizing what they’ve experienced when a patient is diagnosed with sepsis.
- Once you’ve decided on a provider, start with determining your essential content, get your webinar team on board (presenters, hosts, marketing team, and backend help) and decide on a date months ahead of time.
- Get your registration page up quickly (but not too far in advance), and decide on the fine details of your webinar during your marketing time.
- Determine the tools and strategy you’ll use to market the webinar while finding exactly who and where to find your potential registrants.
- Monitor you registrants and adapt your content.
- Plan your post-webinar strategy.
- Claire Price of Crastina receives outreach award from Royal Society of Biology - October 25, 2020
- Agile Science student project at Brussels Engineering School ECAM: “We can’t wait to try it again!” - August 28, 2020
- Create an infographic in the Lifeology SciArt Infographic Challenge - June 16, 2020
- Adam Ruben – The scientist that teaches undergraduate students comedy - March 27, 2020
- Sam Gregson, Bad Boy of Science: “Comedy helps to bridge the gap” - March 10, 2020
- The Coolest Science Merchandise of 2019 - December 16, 2019
- Science Media Centre (UK) offers guide on dealing with online harassment in academia - November 26, 2019
- Agile project management taught to students and researchers at Karolinska Institutet - September 20, 2019
- Stefan Jansson: Improve your credibility! (Crastina Column, September 2019) - September 6, 2019
- The People’s Poet: Silke Kramprich, tech communicator - August 31, 2019