A comparison between Toy Story and The Walking Dead by John Wray has gone viral on the internet. And there is no doubt that there are similarities.
I see this as a affirmation of one of my hobbyhorses: a good communicator should understand that captivating stories, effective structuring and striking metaphors can be used over and over again in different settings. Or as David Bowie put it: ”Same old thing, in brand new drag”.
- Announcing the winners in The Crastina Science Haiku Competition 2016 - May 23, 2019
- The Little Book of Neuroscience Haiku – an educational book about the brain - May 20, 2019
- Science to Poetry and Back – a reflection by Ushashi Basu - May 13, 2019
- The Crastina Column: Put back the “I’ in science – a poetical plea - April 24, 2019
- Kolisa Yola Sinyanya, Cape Town: ‘I won their hearts with SciComm!’ - March 21, 2019
- Global Lab – building Ghana’s open science and innovation community. - February 25, 2019
- TCC in Nairobi teaches effective communication to scientists - January 25, 2019
- The beginning of a new era: science communication in Africa - January 13, 2019
- TAP helps prospective students choose dream university - January 4, 2019
- Meet Sarang Park – manager of @IAmSciComm - September 28, 2018