A comparison between Toy Story and The Walking Dead by John Wray has gone viral on the internet. And there is no doubt that there are similarities.
I see this as a affirmation of one of my hobbyhorses: a good communicator should understand that captivating stories, effective structuring and striking metaphors can be used over and over again in different settings. Or as David Bowie put it: ”Same old thing, in brand new drag”.
- The Best Science Merchandise of 2019 - December 8, 2019
- Science Media Centre (UK) offers guide on dealing with online harassment in academia - November 26, 2019
- Agile project management taught to students and researchers at Karolinska Institutet - September 20, 2019
- Stefan Jansson: Improve your credibility! (Crastina Column, September 2019) - September 6, 2019
- The People’s Poet: Silke Kramprich, tech communicator - August 31, 2019
- Coworking Mornings help London SciCommers being more productive - August 17, 2019
- The Jury’s Grand Prize: Joanna Tilsley, biologist and poet - July 30, 2019
- The Science Haiku Competition 2019: The 41 entries - July 22, 2019
- Jury member interview #4: Mala L. Radhakrishnan, chemist and poet - July 18, 2019
- The Science Haiku Competition 2019: Congratulations, Joanna & Silke! - July 18, 2019