A comparison between Toy Story and The Walking Dead by John Wray has gone viral on the internet. And there is no doubt that there are similarities.
I see this as a affirmation of one of my hobbyhorses: a good communicator should understand that captivating stories, effective structuring and striking metaphors can be used over and over again in different settings. Or as David Bowie put it: ”Same old thing, in brand new drag”.
- Coworking Mornings help London SciCommers being more productive - August 17, 2019
- The Jury’s Grand Prize: Joanna Tilsley, biologist and poet - July 30, 2019
- The Science Haiku Competition 2019: The 41 entries - July 22, 2019
- Jury member interview #4: Mala L. Radhakrishnan, chemist and poet - July 18, 2019
- The Science Haiku Competition 2019: Congratulations, Joanna & Silke! - July 18, 2019
- Jury member interview #3: Joanna Bagniewska, zoologist & scicommer - July 17, 2019
- Jury member interview #2: Bo Cassel, translator - July 16, 2019
- Jury member interview #1: Sam Illingworth, SciCommer and science poet - July 15, 2019
- The Science Haiku Competition 2019: Calling a winner! - July 2, 2019
- The Crastina International Science Haiku Competition 2019 - June 18, 2019